Friday, January 18, 2013

Baptism: Tharaa's Sugar Rush Dessert Station

It's a passion of mine throwing nice parties for my loved ones.. and especially now, we have a Little Princess.
This Dessert Station for her party was my main project. Even when I was still pregnant with her, I already started gathering ideas. And, when I finally made up my mind regarding the concept and theme, this kept me up late at night since then.

Theme: Birdhouse/Red and Turquoise 

As I mentioned w/ previous post, I can't fix my mind which so  I decided to combined the two themes!

I'll guide you and give you as much as information I could how I came up with this setup.Sorry this may sound boastful, but really I'm happy and proud how it turned out. #proudmom :)

Dessert Station
Table Decor:


I asked the caterer (El Cusinero Restaurant) to use red linen for the dessert table. I also borrowed they twigs/branches and used them as accent on both sides of the table. My mom did a great job hanging those birdhouses, which by the way were giveaways for the guests.

Ceiling Decor:

I bought the Paper Medallions at Celebrations Party Central in Festival Mall branch. The staffs are all accommodating and nice.. As a customer, I enjoyed staying and looking for party stuffs here --feels like I'm in Party City!
Paper Medallions at P65.00 per piece. I bought around 9 pieces (3 pcs were placed on the entrance table)

Entrance decor
 I also bought 2 round paper lanterns at Divisoria (2nd floor in 168 mall) for P50 each! So cheap isn't it? I bought it in white and red color.

Table stuffs:

All stuffs you see on the table (except for the foods) are all provided by Handicrafts,atbp
from cake to cupcakes, to cakepop holders and even the Birdhouse plantboxes!

I just added the flowers on the plantbox. Good thing 2 days prior the event, I had a chance to pass by at Dangwa in Blumentritt. At first, I want to personally arrange the flowers, however, I find it too costly so I decided to buy those displayed flowers on pots.. and it's cheap !
Bought 6 flower pots at P50 each.

Cakes, Minicakes and Cupcakes

Since I don't have much option with this, I always go to my ever reliable baker, Marinella's Cake Shop in Laguna. They're not really into beautiful cake decors but the taste, especially the chiffon, it's yummy. And since I'm a regular since debut :) I get lots of freebies and discounts :)
I just gave Ka Laura pegs to copy, and specs I need  colors,etc.

Cake
Cupcakes
Cupcakes

Mini cakes

1 2 layered cake plus 6 minicakes at P1500.00
60 pcs cupcakes at P700.00

So cheap right? :)

Other desserts:

Cookies
I inquired from different suppliers via web, when suddenly, a client before, PMed me and ask me to try her Cookies!
I gave her pegs for birdhouse and bird design.
She's so nice that we even met in Festival Mall for pick up (I had prob with 1st pick up location due to traffic)

Ms. Ava Lyndley (for contact number, pls hitme with message/ comment)

Believe me, it's a hit!

Add caption
Cake pop holders by Handicrafts,atbp


Brownies, Macaroons and Tart

All of these dessert are from my friend, Armie of Trois Restaurant. And these are her specialties :)
Again, for contact details, hit me with comment or message!

I only paid P700 for all in 50pcs each.

Brownies
Tart
Twisted Lollies

Bought 2 packs from Celebrations Party Central. It added fun and colors on Tharaa's dessert Table

Twisted Lollipop
By the way, the holder was from Handicrafts,atbp

The key to have a pretty setup is to be creative and resourceful with all details and believe me, it will also come out the way youo like it -- perfect in your eyes.. just like what I felt.. It's an achievement, all for the love for my little angel, Tharaa Olivia.


For more queries, send me message!'


Cheers!

Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment