Thursday, December 6, 2012

Giving Birth to an Angel: Tharaa Olivia

My lil Angel was born! One of the happiest days in our lives when our baby girl was born healthy and so lovely -- like an angel.. 

This is off topic on this blog, but I'm a #proudmama :) So let me share details to you. This will be a loongg post.. 

I gave birth to our beautiful angel last Nov. 21 in Asian Hospital and Medical Center (AHMC), where Jacob, too, was born last 2009 (I'll try to recall and post details re: Jacob's in AHMC).

Pre-delivery: 
 I was admitted a day before. Since we already knew the procedures in AHMC, we (me and my hubby) decided to check in late, around 4-5pm. We dropped by first at Festival Mall to buy stuffs and foods for him and my yaya, and for guests (who will visit me and Tharaa). As soon as were done with our small shopping, we headed straight to AHMC.
From our experience, all staffs of AHMC were very accommodating and pleasant. We walked directly to Admitting Section located on Ground Floor, and they immediately processed my paper. Unfortunately, only the Executive Private Room is available - we have no choice but accept it (since I'm already on schedule for CS operation the next day). They were kind enough to lower the price of the room per day (from P5000+  to P4750. We tried looking for option - they put me on waiting list in case a patient from Standard Private Room will be discharged the next day (too bad, the patient left on the last day of my stay in the hospital, so we decided not to transfer anymore)



 Photo/screenshot from their website: http://www.asianhospital.com


And here's my photo taken by my hubby (I need to have a photo with this room! lol)

Executive Private Room - Asian Hospital

(Thanks too Panoramic shot of iPhone.. )

That same night, they took my CBC test and was visited by the Resident OB-Gyne. The nurse and the doctor informed me on the procedure for tomorrow's operation, etc. (these were the same lines they told me way back 2009, lol).

The next day, my yaya, Janet, came to assist me and Jojo on my whole stay in the hospital She's my helping hand since I had Jacob (and even during my tonsillectomy operation!). Around lunchtime, my MIL arrived, just in time for Tharaa's arrival.
She accompanied me inside OR (she was with me during Jacob's) , my husband is afraid of blood and operation..

Operation:
Around lunchtime, they prepped me for my operation. I was transferred to Genesis Center, had my skin test, etc. I also met my Anesthesiologist and explained to me details (I forgot her surname, I'll update details here) - BTW, she's a pretty doctor (looks like a model/beauty queen!).

Around, 4 o'clock in the afternoon, I was brought inside their OR. My Anaesthesiologist kept on explaining to me what will happen, etc. Actually, I was more conscious with Jacob's than Tharaa's!  I think I was given higher dosage this time.. I can't even remember what happened, though, I'm still awake the whole time! When they showed me my lil angel, the only thing I remember I said was " ang puti!" haha.. and then I succumbed to sleep.

 But after few hours, I'm so alive again! This time, I'm inside RR with my hubby.. I kept asking him where's Tharaa.. If he saw our baby, etc.. I know he's irritated with me that time - I'm so daldal! Even after CS (lol).

Then after more than an hour, around dinner time, I was transferred to my room, and in few minutes, Tharaa was with us and I'm breastfeeding her! She's so beautiful! I know, i may be biased, but, really, I'm a proud mom!

1st latch
To summarize this whole thing, AHMC for me is still the best hospital offering first class service to their patients. The food and their service, amenities and freebies, rooms, hospital staffs - from doctors to nurses to admin services.

BTW, dinner for 2 was still included in their package! we had our sumptuous meal the night before we were discharged. A bag full of goodies for me and my baby.

Moreover, they had a free newborn photo session c/o Baby Shower Studio! Il update photos here.  I think this is offered til February 2013.



Summary of expenses:

Required down payment upon admission: P45,000.00
Room Rate: P4750/day
Food Service: Makati Skyline Catering (served breakfast, 2 snacks, lunch and dinner) with dinner for 2 on last night of stay
Freebies:  newspaper every morning :)
Me and Tharaa's hospital bill: approx P65000.00 
Doctor's fee: 
OB-GYNE: Dra. Paciencia Beato-Cauilan - free of charge 
Anaesthesiologist: P11200.00 (super discounted rate c/o Tita Paz) 
Pedia: Dr. Abuel P12000.00!!!! (super unexpected!) - Jacob's bill was only P5000!!!
w/ Philhealth: less approx P19000.00 
 
 
Hope this helps!
 
Cheers, 
 
Grace



No comments:

Post a Comment